Monday, November 14, 2011

Tug-of-War Play: Harry the Dog's a Good Sport



Though Harry the Dog (black) and Oliver, a Standard Poodle, are similar in height --- at a serious game of tug-of-war the lanky Oliver would not stand a chance. He likely weighs half as much as Harry the Dog, and he's still a pup. When I play tug-of-war with Harry the Dog he is a serious opponent for me; I'm six-four and weigh two-ten. He has the bulldog grip of his Pit-bull father and the size and strength of his Landseer Newfoundland mother.

In the video, however, you will see two dogs who appear equally matched. Harry the Dog invites Oliver to play the game, and then gives him just enough fight to make it fun for the young Oliver.

In the end Oliver even wins the rag!
 
To see Harry the Dog and Scout the Ox play with a garden hose, click here.
To see photo of Harry the Dog, as a puppy, inviting play, click here.

3 comments:

Trishymouse said...

That's pretty cute! :)

Renee said...

You can tell they are all tuckered out at the end...all that panting...but they are happy friends after their litte tug of war! Fun!!

Sarah said...

Looks like the dogs had fun. I am WAY behind on your blog- I like the videos- you're going to have to show me how to put together videos sometime- something I for some reason have still never attempted to do. :)